Q.23. Do I Really Lose All My Defenses?
A non-subscriber cannot defend against a negligence action by claiming:
But- many defenses are still available, including:
- Negligence of a fellow employee
- Assumption of Risk
- Contributory negligence of employee
- Self Infliction
- Employee was the sole cause of accident
- Detour / course and scope
- Employee simply doing their job
- Failure to ask for available help
- Improper use or misuse of tools or equipment
- Danger was obvious
To Get a Free Occupational Accident Quote with no obligation, click on the link below and provide us the required information. A quote will be emailed to you.
Return To FAQ page